Suggestions for a trip?

Discussion in 'Touring' started by TheGreek, Feb 19, 2015.

1. TheGreek

TheGreek New Member

Hi everybody, looks like I'm the first to post in this section, what an honor )
    I would like to know if anyone here has been to Northern Europe on a trip?
    Can you recommend me some roads to take, an itinerary maybe?
    A travel plan would be perfect, with places to visit, restaurants, hostels, days to stay in a particular place?
    I'll travel on my beautiful Multistrada 1200 with my wife (also beautiful) and I'll really appreciate every little suggestion you can give me, I still have few months to prepare.

2. Majvs United Kingdom

Majvs New Member

Depends what you mean by Northern Europe but the Swiss Alps are very nice indeed. Did a brilliant tour around 5 Swiss alpine passes last year. If this is your idea of Northern Europe I can let you have some more details.

3. Kingfixer

Kingfixer New Member

Done a few Euro trips but always head south into Spain & Portugal mostly, I should look into Northern Europe as well, but I want to go round Italy first.

4. BourneAgain

BourneAgain New Member

I really suggest you to consider Norway as an option, you can start from the south and go to Oslo, avoiding the toll highway (obviously) and you'll like the trip and the view for sure and you'll definitely want more. I've been there 4 years ago but I was with some friends and we rented a car, I promised myself to take a solo trip there on my bike one day.
    I found this little map:
    [​IMG]
    The route is similar to the one I followed when I visited Norway only I started my trip from Oslo and not from Goteborg.
    You can modify the route and search for some interesting events in various cities and villages and visit those instead of the marked once on this map, I'm sure you'll like it a lot and since you are going on the Multistrada, you'll have the chance to "really be there".